Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating your own pattern fill, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
Traditionally, creating your own patterns inside of Illustrator has been…somewhat of a tedious task.…In this movie, I am going to show you how Illustrator CS6 has really changed the…game when it comes to creating your own pattern swatches.…I've got several pieces of artwork here on my artboard and I want to take…some of those and create a repeatable pattern for use on web backgrounds and other projects.…So let's go ahead and take a look at some of these pieces of artwork and how I…can turn them into a pattern.…The first one I am going to select is this one right here.…I will grab this piece of artwork and I am just going to copy it to my clipboard…by using Command+C or Ctrl+C. I'm then going to hit Command+N or Ctrl+N to…create a new document.…
You could go to File > New as well.…Under Profile, I am going to select Web, because let's say I am making a web…background and I'll choose 1024x768, and I will hit OK.…Once I do that, I'll hit Command+V or Ctrl+V on my keyboard.…Then I will just grab my Zoom tool, and I'll zoom in on this little piece of artwork.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.