Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating variable-width strokes, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Up to this point in this course, we've been performing some pretty static…adjustments to our artwork.…We've been doing some point and click things where we just added a color,…added a stroke, et cetera.…In this movie, we are going to get a little bit more exciting and actually…change our artwork manually by hand, by utilizing one of the cool features called…the Variable-Width tool.…This is going to enable you to create some really stylistic strokes inside of…Illustrator on your own.…And the best part is with a little experimentation, you can create some awesome…stuff with very little effort.…
So what I am going to do is work on this piece of artwork here.…Actually, I have several different pieces of art that comprises this…little flower shape.…I am going to start off with this petal right here on the left-hand side and I…am just going to add a basic stroke to it.…I will add a dark green color so it's easy to see, and let's also zoom in on it…so we can see it a little better.…Once I get that selected, I can then go over and grab the Width tool and…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.