Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating and using custom views, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
One of the hidden gems of Adobe Illustrator has to be the custom views feature.…When we're working with documents, especially complicated ones with multiple art…boards and elements, you may find that you need to constantly zoom in and out on…certain elements in the document.…Unfortunately, even for the most seasons of veterans this is a tedious task.…However, with custom views inside of Illustrator you can create instant…shortcuts to various points in your document making it super easy for you to get…where you need to go. Let's take a look.…First of all, I need to show you exactly where the Custom Views menu is.…
If I come up here to the View menu and go all the way down to the bottom, you'll…see that I have two options here for New View and Edit Views.…This is where I go to create my New View and also where I would go to edit any…existing views that I have.…Let's go ahead and find a specific area that I need to create a custom view and…then we will worry about these options.…I will click away to close that.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Where can I learn more about graphic design?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting <a href="../../../discover/graphic-design">graphic design on lynda.com</a>.
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.