Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating and using artboards, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
One of the biggest complaints that I had about early versions of Adobe…Illustrator was its lack of support for multi-page layouts.…But luckily, in CS4, Adobe added support for something called artboards, and…artists and designers around the world rejoiced, especially me.…Artboards are Illustrator's answer to multi-page layouts, but they're so much…more versatile than that.…In this movie we'll explore artboards and how to add them to your project, so…you can take full advantage of them in your daily workflow.…So I've got a document already open here, and I'm going to add some artboards to…eventually, but I want to start off by showing you how to create a new document…with multiple artboards.…
So let's go up to the File menu and choose New.…When I get into the New Document dialog box, I want to name this artboards, and…I'll change the profile to Web, I'll make it 800x600, and now here I can change…the Number of Artboards.…So I'm going to change it to 4, and you'll notice I get to change the way the…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Where can I learn more about graphic design?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting graphic design on lynda.com.
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.