Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating text on a path, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
There are many times when we are creating artwork, whether it be in…Illustrator, or any other application, where we have to make text actually…flow around different objects.…In this movie, I am going to show you how to accomplish that by utilizing the…Type on a Path feature inside of Illustrator.…In order to utilize Type on a Path, you have to have a path in order for the…text to flow along.…On my artboard here, I have got a logo in the center, and I have got a path all…the way around the outside of it that I am going to flow some text around.…I have added a heavy stroke to the outside of this path, just so you can see it,…and be able to select it.…So find this path, and click on it first.…
Once you have it selected, you can actually remove the stroke, because you…don't need it anymore.…Then let's go up and grab the Type tool.…The Type tool by itself doesn't actually let you type on a path.…When I hover over a path, you will notice that it gives me the Type tool…inside of a little circle.…That does not mean type on a path, however.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.