In this video, learn how to create the best looking stacked type logos in Adobe Illustrator.
- [Instructor] Working with stacked type … lets you manipulate your logo into a more vertical shape. … Here are some examples of the kind … of thing I'm talking about. … Here are some tips for working … with stacked and vertical type. … Start out with your vertical type tool. … I'll switch back to my selection tool … and then let's increase the size of this dramatically. … Maybe not quite so dramatically as that. … I'll use the keyboard shortcut Command + Shift + <, … just to dial in the right size there. … Now you can see that the letters are not really aligning … on top of each other in quite the way … that we might want them to, … the L seems a lot narrower than the O. … So for this reason when you're using vertical type … you might want to consider using a monospaced typeface … where all of the letters are the same width … or close to being the same width. … In addition, if you want to adjust the spacing … between the letters with horizontal type … of course that would be the leading …
- Choosing the right typeface
- Exploring type variables
- Replacing letters with words
- Creating a circular logo
- Creating a hand-drawn logo
- Designing with simple shapes
- Offsetting multiple paths
- Creating isometric type
- Adding gloss, texture, beveled edges, and transparency
- Designing with negative space
- Choosing logo colors
- Converting colors
- Preparing final files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French2h 51m Intermediate
Side Hustle Strategies for Designerswith Dustin Lee1h 3m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Working with Illustratorwith Nigel French2h 45m Intermediate
What makes a good logo3m 48s
1. Exploring Type Variables
2. Simple Type Treatments
3. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 1
4. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 2
5. Advanced Techniques
6. Logo Effects
7. Choosing Logo Colors
8. Finalizing the Logo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.