Learn how to create a random scatter brush in Adobe Illustrator.
- [Voiceover] The next type of brush I want to show you…how to create is a scatter brush.…Now, these are pretty cool.…I think you're gonna enjoy what you learn in this movie.…I know when I figured this out I was like wow,…I could use this on all kinds of stuff…and I have been using it on all kinds of stuff…and I'm gonna show you some of that in upcoming movies.…It's really fun…and it's a very, very useful brush.…So this is the source art.…I'm gonna zoom in just so you can kind of appreciate this.…
All it is is just kind of a speckled like little splotch…and we're gonna turn this into a really powerful…graphic asset for doing shading on the fly…and even though it's somewhat memory intensive,…scatter brushes just are…because you're dealing with thousands of anchor points…and replicating those over and over again…to create the aesthetic and look we want,…it's worth it and I encourage you to explore…all of the various methods I show in this course…to create a brush of your own because as soon as you do…you're gonna find ways you can use it.…
Graphic designer Von Glitschka appreciates the endless brush stroke freedom that real-world brushes offer, and he knows how to replicate this offering in the digital world. In this course, he shows how to create your own custom, handmade brush strokes and import them into Adobe Illustrator. Von demonstrates how to compile and use custom brush strokes to achieve both a hand-painted aesthetic and a personal touch. Whether you're a painter, a designer, or just a fan of Illustrator, this course offers instructions on how to expand your use of Illustrator.
- Painting real brush strokes
- Transforming real brush strokes into digital brush strokes
- Importing brush strokes
- Creating bitmap surface textures
- Modifying vectors
- Compiling patterns, shapes, and strokes
- Working with layers and blend modes
- Using vector brushes
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating an Authentic Look
2. Using Vector Brushes
3. Vector Painting Process
4. Deconstructing Complex Vector Paintings
5. Using Adobe Capture
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.