Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating and saving workspaces, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
Your working environment is one of the most important aspects of your daily existence.…If you are not comfortable in your surroundings, you do things to remedy that.…This might mean moving your desk to the other side of the room or adjusting…the height of your chair, or any number of things, that might need to be tweaked…for maximum comfort.…Well a piece of software should be no different than your office.…In this movie, I'll show you how to tweak the environment inside of Illustrator…so that it's more comfortable for you, and I'll also walk you through saving…that environment so that you can back to it anytime you need to.…
By default, Illustrator ships with several different workspaces based on…different tasks that you might be performing while using the application.…If you go up to the top and look at these in the dropdown menu, you'll see…things like Automation, which is supposed to be for making you faster, like…recording actions or things like that.…Essentials; these are the essential tools that Illustrator feels are…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.