Learn about using the alignment grid in Ai to assist in icon design for UI.
- [Instructor] Not too long ago,…the terminology of pixel perfect…meant precision raster base images…like a PNG or a JPEG image.…And all the pixel level refinement of iconic design…was done in Photoshop, not Illustrator.…Well, technology has changed…and you can now perfect your pixel placement…inside Illustrator while retaining…all the flexibility of vector based building.…Let me show you how this is done.…
Now before we jump into this file shown right here,…I want to first talk briefly…about how to set up your document initially…because it does make a difference.…You want to make sure when you create a new document,…we're going to do that now just to show you this.…We'll go new under file.…And it'll bring up the new document window.…Now here, you can pick any size you want,…but one thing you want to check is your profile…is we're going to pick web.…This assures it's going to be in pixels.…And the environment can be RGB or CMYK, it doesn't matter.…
But you just want to make sure you're using pixels…in terms of the units of measurement.…
- Developing icon ideas
- Simplifying complex shapes
- Drawing visual metaphors
- Establishing visual continuity
- Creating flat icons
- Creating long shadow icons
- Detailing icons
- Creating pixel perfect icons
- Reviewing how icon art is used in a variety of design contexts
Skill Level Intermediate
Drawing Vector Graphics: Patternswith Von Glitschka4h Intermediate
1. Iconic Fundamentals
2. Vector Icon Design
3. Raster Icon Design
4. Iconography Samples
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.