Join Mordy Golding for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating an opacity mask, part of Illustrator: Seeing Through Transparency.
Okay, so we're here inside of the Illustrator.…I'm working on this file called glories. ai and we've already seen how to create…a layer mask inside of Photoshop.…Let's now apply that same knowledge to creating an opacity mask here inside of Illustrator.…Now on this document right here the first thing I'm going to do is I'm going to…go to the View menu here and I'm going to choose to show my transparency grid.…It's just going to allow us to get a better idea about where this transparency…is going to be and how it works.…Next, I want to make sure that my Transparency panel is open because as we're…going to see, all the work that we're going to do as far as creating and…actually modifying these opacity masks is all going to go through the…Transparency panel itself.…
And I want to make sure that I have this part visible also, which is…currently grayed out.…This part over here is going to allow me to work with these opacity masks.…I don't need to actually have it fully extended to see the bottom here, because…
- Understanding how transparency works across the Adobe applications
- Deconstructing the Transparency panel
- Adding transparency to gradients
- Understanding how overprints and knockouts work
- Using a gradient or complex appearance as an opacity mask
- The rules of transparency flattening
- Working with complex regions
- Understanding the relationship between flattening and stacking order
- Creating and sharing flattener presets
- Saving PDF files and using the PDF/X standards
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator: Coloring Artwork (2011)with Mordy Golding4h 44m Intermediate
Illustrator: Rethinking the Essentialswith Mordy Golding5h 7m Intermediate
Illustrator: Drawing without the Pen Toolwith Mordy Golding4h 39m Intermediate
1. Core Transparency Concepts
2. Applying Transparency
3. Using Opacity Masks
4. Transparency Flattening
5. Establishing a Safe Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.