Learn how to create a multi-tone single color file
- [Instructor] In this movie,…we're going to use the Recolor Artwork dialogue…to recolor this file.…In fact, we're going to do a color reduction here…down to grayscale.…Now, this can be quite an involved topic…and it's one of those…that requires some further investigation,…but this is a very powerful feature in Illustrator.…To be honest, I use this for a whole range…of different purposes all the time.…I'm gonna select everything here…because that's where it begins.…
It needs a selection to start off with…and this file was built entirely…in a single layer just here.…Then, look for the Recolor Artwork icon…or in newer versions of Illustrator you also have it…as a quick action down at the bottom…of the properties panel.…Both places lead to exactly the same dialogue and panel…and this is the Recolor Artwork dialogue just here.…You can choose a preset here to begin with…and what I'm going to do here is to choose a color harmony…to reduce this and you'll see it continually redraws…in the background and getting more information.…
Watch Tony's companion course, Photoshop for the In-House Designer, to learn time-saving techniques using Photoshop templates, presets, brushes, and more.
- Producing print and digital graphics
- Using artboards, layers, and libraries
- File output formats
- Using Asset Export
- Creating symbols and libraries
- SVG interactivity
- Print production
- Using Illustrator plugins
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign for the In-House Designerwith Claudia McCue10h 33m Intermediate
Photoshop for the In-House Designerwith Tony Harmer1h 44m Beginner
1. Producing Print Graphics in Illustrator
2. Producing Digital Graphics in Illustrator
3. Basic Print Production in Illustrator
4. Using Plugins
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.