In Adobe Illustrator, create a series of marks derived from a geometric grid.
- [Instructor] Here's an idea … for approaching a modular logo system. … A modular system might be useful … if you want to design a range of symbols … for different departments within a single organization. … So, I'm going to begin by drawing myself a framework. … This framework I will convert to a live paint group … and then apply paint to the segments differently … for each iteration of the framework. … Let's start out with an ellipse. … I want to make sure that this has no fill … and no stroke. … I'm going to switch to my outline view mode … so that I can be as precise as possible. … Now centered on this ellipse … I'm going to draw a square. … I'll select both. … Copy. … And then paste in front. … With that copy that is in front, … I'm going to scale it up. … Option or Alt and the Shift key. … Make sure that the circle actually touches the edge … of the rectangle. … Let's now repeat that, Command + C to copy, … Command + F to paste in front. … Scale it up again. … Command + C, Command + F. …
- Choosing the right typeface
- Exploring type variables
- Replacing letters with words
- Creating a circular logo
- Creating a hand-drawn logo
- Designing with simple shapes
- Offsetting multiple paths
- Creating isometric type
- Adding gloss, texture, beveled edges, and transparency
- Designing with negative space
- Choosing logo colors
- Converting colors
- Preparing final files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French2h 51m Intermediate
Side Hustle Strategies for Designerswith Dustin Lee1h 3m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Working with Illustratorwith Nigel French2h 45m Intermediate
What makes a good logo3m 48s
1. Exploring Type Variables
2. Simple Type Treatments
3. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 1
4. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 2
5. Advanced Techniques
6. Logo Effects
7. Choosing Logo Colors
8. Finalizing the Logo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.