Learn about working within a square proportion.
- [Instructor] As I stated previously,…icon styles shift and change over time.…Some styles trend, then after a while go away forever.…Other styles appear and become very popular for a while,…then fall out of fashion,…only to reappear again later…and have somewhat of a graphic revival.…In this movie we're going to take a look…at creating a style called long shadow icons.…So let's get started.…We're going to revisit this icon set…based off of Star Wars,…and this was my thumbnail sketch,…and I created the base art…as I showcased in a previous movie,…and you saw how I went about building this base art.…
But we're going to use that same base art we created…to restylize it to fit another aesthetic…that looks really, really cool.…So that's what we're going to do in this movie…and it's going to be specifically this icon…that I have sitting on top of a host shape,…which is kind of like an app icon…in terms of a rounded square corners…and we're using a simple color palette…of this base gold color and a darker hue of the gold,…
- Developing icon ideas
- Simplifying complex shapes
- Drawing visual metaphors
- Establishing visual continuity
- Creating flat icons
- Creating long shadow icons
- Detailing icons
- Creating pixel perfect icons
- Reviewing how icon art is used in a variety of design contexts
Skill Level Intermediate
Drawing Vector Graphics: Patternswith Von Glitschka3h 59m Intermediate
1. Iconic Fundamentals
2. Vector Icon Design
3. Raster Icon Design
4. Iconography Samples
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.