Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating high-res bitmap images, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
As you work on projects here inside of Illustrator, there will undoubtedly come a…time when you need to send out a high-resolution representation of the artwork…that you're working on.…In this movie, I'm going to walk you through how to send out a high-resolution…file to a printer, to a client, or whomever might be needing that high-res file.…In order to do this, you just need to have the file open, like I do here on my screen.…You're going to go up to the File menu, and you're going to go down to the Export command.…This is a little bit different then the standard save as command. I'll drag this…in, so you can see it, and down at the bottom, you have a Save as type.…
In this menu, you can pick various options, like JPG, TIFF, and also PSD,…or Photoshop document.…For this business card design, I'm going to pick TIFF. TIFF stands for Tagged Image…File Format, and it's used all the time in commercial printing.…In fact, there are a lot of printers that require some of the files sent to them…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.