Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating files for the web, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
Even though traditionally Illustrator has been used as a logo…designing/typesetting tool for print designers, the vector graphics that you…create inside of Illustrator are perfect for the web as well.…This is especially true because the web is so varied now in terms of screen…sizes and devices used to access the content.…So we need to be able to create highly flexible graphics and mockups, and…Illustrator works nicely for that purpose.…In this movie, I'll show you how to get started using Illustrator for web…purposes, let's take a look.…I'll go up to the File menu and choose New, I'll call my document sample_web and…directly underneath there, I can choose a Profile.…
For this profile, I'm going to select from the Web profiles.…Once I select Web profile, you'll notice the size automatically changes right here.…The default web size in Illustrator CS6 is 960 pixels by 560 pixels. You can…drop this down though and you can change it to anything from 640x480, all the…way up to 1280x800, but you're not just limited to these sizes either, you can…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Where can I learn more about graphic design?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting <a href="../../../discover/graphic-design">graphic design on lynda.com</a>.
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.