Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating and editing gradients, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
Gradient fills inside of Illustrator are a great way to add some simulated depth…and texture to your designs.…In this movie, I'll focus on creating and editing your own gradient swatches…here inside of Illustrator.…But first let's take a look at how we actually apply a gradient swatch.…As you can see, I've got this background of this wallpaper design that I'm…working on, and I want to add a little bit of depth to it by using a gradient.…In order to add a gradient fill, it's actually pretty simple.…I'm going to make sure that I have the object selected, and then I'll come over…and make sure I'm targeting the fill.…
Once I have the fill targeted, the easiest way to add a gradient would simply to…be click the gradient swatch right there.…Once I click it, you'll see that it automatically goes to the…white-to-black gradient.…But that's not exactly the color I'm looking for;…it doesn't match my blue theme.…So let's drag out the Gradient panel.…Once I have the Gradient panel out, you can see here that I can make several…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Where can I learn more about graphic design?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting graphic design on lynda.com.
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.