Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating dashes and arrows, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
In addition to regular strokes inside of Illustrator, you can also create dashed…and arrowhead strokes as well.…In this movie I'll explore those features and how you can utilize them to…enhance your artwork.…Let's first go ahead and create a new document by going up to the File menu and choosing New.…Once inside the New Document dialog box, I'll go to the Profiles and select Web,…then I'll select a size of 1024x768 and I'll hit OK.…That creates a new blank document for me, and I'm ready to go.…I'm going to quickly draw out some shapes on the artboard, so I'll grab a…square and I'll hold down my Shift key to do that, draw it out using the…Rectangle tool, and then I'll go ahead and grab the Line tool, and I'll draw out a couple of lines.…
We'll worry about the lines in a minute.…For now, I'm going to focus only on the square.…So I'll come up here and I'll zoom in, I'll grab my Selection tool and make sure…I have the square selected.…With the square selected, I want to give it a fill color, so I'll give it a fill…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Where can I learn more about graphic design?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting graphic design on lynda.com.
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.