Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating compound shapes, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
In addition to working with compound paths here inside of Illustrator, we can…also work with compound shapes as well.…In this movie, I'll be exploring the Pathfinder panel Shape Modes in order…to give you a better understanding of how they work, and how you can use them in your workflow.…The first thing I am going to do is draw two simple circles.…We'll get to this artwork on my artboard in just a minute.…I am going to take the Ellipse tool and I am just going to draw out a circle…here, and I'll draw out a circle like that.…And I am going to give both of them a blue color, and set that as their Stroke.…
That way you can see everything that's going on.…With those two circles selected, I am then going to go into the Pathfinder.…Let's zoom in on this artwork just a little bit, so we get a…better understanding.…Once we have the shapes zoomed in, and we've got them both selected, I am going to…utilize the Shape Modes here at the top.…The first one is called Unite.…When I click on Unite, it unifies these into one single shape.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.