Learn how to use Adobe Illustrator to create a beveled winged logo, popular in car and motorcycle logos.
- [Instructor] Wings are a very common logo motif, … especially for car and motorcycles. … In this example, I'd like to recreate … these metallic, beveled wings. … Let's just take a look at the Layers panel … before we get going. … You can see that we have, on a locked layer, … the finished version and also on a locked layer, the type. … This was created by drawing half of it, … reflecting that half, and then joining the two together. … It has a gradient applied to it. … My first task is to, with the line tool, … draw a line from the center point, … I'm just going to mark the center point with a guide, … and extending beyond the edge. … I'll then apply a 30% gray stroke … 10 points in weight. … I'll change its width profile to width profile number four … and because that goes the wrong way for what I want, … and change the direction of that width profile. … so I'm just going to get the width tool … and increase the weight of that at the starting point. … Now I'm going to rotate copies of this line. …
- Choosing the right typeface
- Exploring type variables
- Replacing letters with words
- Creating a circular logo
- Creating a hand-drawn logo
- Designing with simple shapes
- Offsetting multiple paths
- Creating isometric type
- Adding gloss, texture, beveled edges, and transparency
- Designing with negative space
- Choosing logo colors
- Converting colors
- Preparing final files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French2h 51m Intermediate
Side Hustle Strategies for Designerswith Dustin Lee1h 3m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Working with Illustratorwith Nigel French2h 45m Intermediate
What makes a good logo3m 48s
1. Exploring Type Variables
2. Simple Type Treatments
3. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 1
4. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 2
5. Advanced Techniques
6. Logo Effects
7. Choosing Logo Colors
8. Finalizing the Logo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.