Learn about creating the various appearances and saving as styles.
- [Instructor] It's a good idea and best practice…before you start drawing your map…to get all of the styles,…or at least some of the basic styles…ready for when you start drawing.…And that's what we're going to do here.…We're just going to put a few of the…different styles together in this document.…Now I tend to use a couple of prebuilt libraries.…I do sometimes change things in there a little bit,…but I use these two prebuilt libraries.…Go to the bottom of the swatches panel,…and remember you can access that…from a number of different places of course.…
But go to the bottom of that and come down to nature…and landscape and stone and brick.…Those two work really, really well for me.…And you can see I've actually got them over here.…So I tend to click through those…or just select the whole lot and drag those…into the swatches panel so that I've got them to use.…And they're kind of great colors for use in creating maps.…So bring all of those in like so.…And of course, if there's any duplicates…like there is just there, for example,…
- Understanding where your map will be used
- Finding reference material
- Using symbols and masks
- Drawing roads, rivers, buildings, and other landmarks
- Adding type
- Enhancing your map
- Adding interactivity and animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
Creating a Map with Illustratorwith William Everhart2h 48m Intermediate
Draw Better and Faster with Illustrator CCwith Deke McClelland1h 52m Intermediate
1. Designing a Simplified Map
2. Basic Skills
3. Creating a Simplified Map
4. Enhancing Your Map
5. Interactive Maps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.