Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating PDF files, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
Another way to export your artwork outside of Illustrator is to save it as a PDF.…It's one of the most common formats used today to share documents between computers.…It doesn't matter if you're on a Mac, or a PC, or even using Linux;…almost everybody can open a PDF.…As a matter of fact, the Adobe reader is installed on almost 90% of computers that are sold.…So exporting out as a PDF is a great way to ensure that whoever you're sending…you are file to can open it, and look at it.…So let's go ahead and see how we can save as a PDF directly out of Illustrator.…
I'm going to go to the File menu, and I'm going to choose Save As.…Ones inside of the Save As dialog box, I'm going to go down here to the Save as…type, and I'm simply going to choose PDF.…Once I choose PDF, I can then hit Save.…Hitting Save takes me to the Save Adobe PDF dialog box.…At the top of the PDF dialog box, you have the ability to choose between…several different presets.…The Illustrator Default, High Quality Print, which is good for most laser…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Where can I learn more about graphic design?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting graphic design on lynda.com.
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.