Join Mordy Golding for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a Live Paint group, part of Illustrator Insider Training: Drawing without the Pen Tool.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
So we know that Live Paint allows us to focus more on the visual aspects of our…artwork instead of the underlying paths and anchor points.…So let's learn how to create Live Paint Groups and that will get us started to…learning how to use and kind of tap the power of this feature.…I am going to start with this document here called mane.ai, We're actually going…to be focusing on creating the mane Mister Zee …at the top of his head, so that we get a good understanding for how to create…Live Paint Groups and then we'll apply it to the artwork over here for Mister Zee.…
So let's focus on these shapes here.…Again, I've two circles and a rectangle very, very basic constructs, and we're…going to turn this into a Live Paint Group.…Remember when dealing with Live Paint, everything comes down to working with…Groups that's would kind of is the heart of the feature.…If you don't use Groups then the entire concept of Live Paint does not apply…inside of Illustrator, so we've to understand that in order for us to work in…
- Drawing artwork versus building artwork
- Sketching ideas on paper
- Creating curves with the Reshape tool
- Recording actions for speed and accuracy
- Working with the Pathfinder functions
- Understanding how Live Paint works
- Using the Shape Builder tool
- Building and coloring artwork at the same time
- Turning variable-width strokes into filled paths
- Adjusting the behavior of the Pencil tool
- Drawing with the Calligraphic brush
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator Insider Training: Coloring Artworkwith Mordy Golding4h 44m Intermediate
Illustrator CS5 One-on-One: Advancedwith Deke McClelland14h 53m Intermediate
1. Core Drawing Concepts
2. Workflow: Drawing Paths
3. Pathfinder: Drawing with Math
4. Live Paint: Changing the Rules
5. Shape Builder: Building Artwork
6. Adding Expression: Variable Widths
7. Drawing with a Tablet
Next steps1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.