- Exploring file formats, sizes, perspective, and platform guidelines
- Choosing an icon style
- Creating sketches and assigning color schemes
- Building a grid system for icons
- Redrawing icons with shapes
- Saving icons
- Generating icons for different operating systems
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hello and welcome to Creating Icons with Illustrator. My name is Justin Seeley and I'm a staff author here at lynda.com. In this course, I'll be taking you through the basics of creating your own icon set using Adobe Illustrator. I'll start off by examining the basic principles of icon design. From there, you and I are going to work together as we plan, build, and export our own custom icon set. I'll walk you through my process for sketching out icon concepts, choosing a color scheme and style, and deciding what type of icons you need to create based on the specs of your project.
Then, we'll put that all together inside of Adobe Illustrator as I show you how to vectorize your sketches, apply colors and aesthetic elements, and bring your icons to life. We'll go through exporting your icons in a variety of different formats. And I'll even show you how some special tools can help you streamline the process as well. So if you're ready, let's get started creating icons with Illustrator.