Join Mordy Golding for an in-depth discussion in this video Copying graphics from Illustrator, part of Illustrator Insider Training: Seeing Through Transparency.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Remember that the flattening process always has to happen whenever…Illustrator senses that you're taking artwork that is currently with…live transparency and sending it someplace that does not understand that transparency.…For example, when I'm sending artwork to a printer that uses postscript, when…I'm saving an EPS file, or when I'm copying and pasting content from Illustrator…into another application that does not understand transparency.…So for example, if I'm taking some artwork from Illustrator and I copy it and I…want to paste it into another program and that program does not understand what…transparency is, what actually gets pasted into that program?…So the answer is that at this point Illustrator is kind of faced with two…potential ways to address that problem.…
It can either make sure that the appearance of my artwork is going to be pure and the same.…As we discussed in the past that's the rule number two of flattening.…It's made sure that when my file actually is flattened, it always remains the same.…
- Understanding how transparency works across the Adobe applications
- Deconstructing the Transparency panel
- Adding transparency to gradients
- Understanding how overprints and knockouts work
- Using a gradient or complex appearance as an opacity mask
- The rules of transparency flattening
- Working with complex regions
- Understanding the relationship between flattening and stacking order
- Creating and sharing flattener presets
- Saving PDF files and using the PDF/X standards
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator Insider Training: Coloring Artworkwith Mordy Golding4h 44m Intermediate
1. Core Transparency Concepts
2. Applying Transparency
3. Using Opacity Masks
4. Transparency Flattening
5. Establishing a Safe Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.