Join Deke McClelland for an in-depth discussion in this video Copying a graphic with all blending intact, part of Creating and Adapting a Logo.
- In this movie, I'm gonna copy…the graphic portion of the logo,…and then paste it into the horizontal layout,…which probably sounds extremely easy.…However, it's a little bit tricky…where this composition is concerned.…Now the thing is we want to preserve…the transparency associated with this object here.…So that, in other words, we're still cutting the rocket…out of the inside and we have the holes inside of the rings.…Which means that we want to get rid of…that opaque white background.…But notice if I turn the background off,…we end up with a real mess.…
And that's because of the blend modes.…Notice that the color mode that's assigned…to the Core 285 layer, and the screen mode…which is assigned to the Nebula and Galaxy layers,…all of those blend modes require a white background…in order to work properly.…So, what we're gonna need to do is…select the planet and merge in that background.…So, I'm gonna go ahead and turn the background back on,…and then I'll twirl open the Logo group right here.…And notice that we have two layers,…
- Identifying the brand's objectives
- Sketching a design
- Drawing the artwork in Illustrator
- Selecting the perfect font for a logo
- Adding type
- Choosing and assigning spot colors
- Adding vector-based shading with gradients
- Using photographic details for a more photorealistic look
- Changing the orientation of a logo
Skill Level Intermediate
Designing and Animating a Mind-Bending Illusionwith Deke McClelland1h 26m Intermediate
Designing Your Own Online Avatarwith Deke McClelland3h 37m Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
1. Brainstorming and Development
2. Drawing the Art for Your Logo
3. Setting the Type
4. Assigning Spot Colors for Print
5. Adding Device-Independent Shading
6. Adding Some Photorealism
7. Changing the Orientation
Until next time1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.