In this video, learn how to use Adobe Illustrator's Live Paint and Recolor Artwork to convert a transparent color logo into a one that can be printed in a single color and tints of that color.
- [Instructor] Here I'd like to show you … how we can take a logo that is created using transparency … and make a version of it … that can be reproduced with a single color … and tints of that color. … I say a single color, … the finished logo is going print in two colors … but one of those colors is the black … of the type. … The green of the symbol needs … to be reproduced in a single color … and tints of that color. … Let's just take a look at this artwork. … If I select it, we can see that the effect … is created by using color burn. … But to print this, we would need to print it using CMYK … but we don't have that option, … so that's why we're doing what we are doing. … I'm going to start by selecting the symbol … and making a copy of it. … And then I'm going to rasterize this. … Convert it to pixels. … Having converted it to pixels, … I'm now going to convert it back to vectors … by choosing Create Object Mosaic. … I'm going to create a mosaic of five by five tiles. … So, that gives us a map …
- Choosing the right typeface
- Exploring type variables
- Replacing letters with words
- Creating a circular logo
- Creating a hand-drawn logo
- Designing with simple shapes
- Offsetting multiple paths
- Creating isometric type
- Adding gloss, texture, beveled edges, and transparency
- Designing with negative space
- Choosing logo colors
- Converting colors
- Preparing final files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French2h 51m Intermediate
Side Hustle Strategies for Designerswith Dustin Lee1h 3m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Working with Illustratorwith Nigel French2h 45m Intermediate
What makes a good logo3m 48s
1. Exploring Type Variables
2. Simple Type Treatments
3. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 1
4. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 2
5. Advanced Techniques
6. Logo Effects
7. Choosing Logo Colors
8. Finalizing the Logo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.