Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Converting text into paths, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
The issue of dealing with fonts is kind of tricky in the design world, and…especially nowadays with so many people putting so much emphasis on trading and…sharing fonts, and all that kind of stuff; you are really being watched.…So now I'm going to show you how to get around actually having to share the…fonts that use in your designs…by showing you how to easily convert your text to what we call outlines…inside of Illustrator.…Basically, the premise here is that I've finished a logo, and I'm getting way to send…this logo out to someone else,…be it a printer, the client themselves, or whoever.…When I'm sending this logo, perhaps I have used some sort of proprietary…font that only I have.…
I don't want to give that font to the client, or the printer, simply because they…don't own the rights to it necessarily, and I can get into some trouble for that.…So I need to be able to send them this artwork, and have it reproduce correctly. So how I do that?…I am going to utilize outlines inside of Illustrator.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.