In this video, learn how to use the Adobe Illustrator Recolor Artwork tool to convert a color logo to a one that can be printed in a single color and tints of that color.
- [Instructor] Continuing to explore the options … of the Recolor Artwork dialogue. … Lets say that in this scenario we have a logo … that we created in color but we need to make a version of it … that can be reproduced in a single Pantone color … and tints of that color. … I'll use the bottom version as my control, … to the left first of all. … So here, what I need to do is, … So I'm going to get the orange … and drag that down onto the blue. … So now the blue and the orange are going to map to blue. … I'll do the same thing with the yellow. … So these three colors are now all mapping to this one color. … And we have Scale Tints on, which in this case we want. … If I were to say Exact, then we would just get a solid blue. … So we need our Scale Tints turned on. … And currently, the blue that we're going … to get is a process blue, made up of C, M, Y, K. … So that's no good. … We need to come to our dropdown here, … limits the color group to colors in a swatch library. … So now, when I click okay, we should find …
- Choosing the right typeface
- Exploring type variables
- Replacing letters with words
- Creating a circular logo
- Creating a hand-drawn logo
- Designing with simple shapes
- Offsetting multiple paths
- Creating isometric type
- Adding gloss, texture, beveled edges, and transparency
- Designing with negative space
- Choosing logo colors
- Converting colors
- Preparing final files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French2h 51m Intermediate
Side Hustle Strategies for Designerswith Dustin Lee1h 3m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Working with Illustratorwith Nigel French2h 45m Intermediate
What makes a good logo3m 48s
1. Exploring Type Variables
2. Simple Type Treatments
3. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 1
4. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 2
5. Advanced Techniques
6. Logo Effects
7. Choosing Logo Colors
8. Finalizing the Logo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.