In this video, learn how to use the Adobe Illustrator Recolor Artwork tool to convert a process color to its closest spot color equivalent.
- [Instructor] Picking up from the last movie … which discussed the Recolor Artwork dialogue box, … let's see how we can convert one type of color … to another type of color. … Firstly, global colors. … So I have these green squares … and if we come to the swatches panel, … they are not referenced on the swatches panel. … So I can't reuse them consistently. … To add them to the swatches panel, … just drag down to a vacant space. … But then, so that we can edit the color … and have the color update wherever it is used, … I'm going to convert the color to a global color, … just by checking this box. … I'll now come and select the two squares … and apply the global color to it. … Global colors are indicated by the triangle … in their bottom right hand corner. … This means that I can now edit the color, … without having the artwork selected, … and whatever change I make, when I turn on my preview, … you can see will update in place. … this is pretty straight forward. … We just select the color …
- Choosing the right typeface
- Exploring type variables
- Replacing letters with words
- Creating a circular logo
- Creating a hand-drawn logo
- Designing with simple shapes
- Offsetting multiple paths
- Creating isometric type
- Adding gloss, texture, beveled edges, and transparency
- Designing with negative space
- Choosing logo colors
- Converting colors
- Preparing final files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French2h 51m Intermediate
Side Hustle Strategies for Designerswith Dustin Lee1h 3m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Working with Illustratorwith Nigel French2h 45m Intermediate
What makes a good logo3m 48s
1. Exploring Type Variables
2. Simple Type Treatments
3. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 1
4. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 2
5. Advanced Techniques
6. Logo Effects
7. Choosing Logo Colors
8. Finalizing the Logo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.