Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Converting pixels to paths, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
Once you've got a tracing object inside of Adobe Illustrator, you're ready to…gain full control over that object, and expand it out, so that the pixel-based…image now becomes a set of vector paths.…Up until this point, you have created a vector object, and you can scale…this thing up or down.…The problem with that is, every time you resize either up or down, Illustrator has…to go through and re-render this image, and any time you resize, it's going to…affect the way the object renders.…If you're happy with the tracing as it exists right now, you could expand…this out, and turn these into paths, which then make sure that it's always…going to look the same.…
So exactly what happens when you expand out the appearance of a tracing object?…Well, you break the link between this object, and the Image Trace panel,…meaning you can no longer go back in and adjust the presets, you can't adjust the fitting;…you can't adjust any of that stuff.…So in this case, I want to break the link here, because I'm pretty happy with…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.