Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Converting corners and curves, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
As you continue to work in Illustrator with the Pen tool, you're inevitably…going to make some mistakes, and that's okay, because Illustrator comes equipped…with lots of tools to help you remedy those mistakes.…In this movie, I'll be walking through how to use one of these tools,…to help you convert anchor points from curves to corners, and corners to curves.…Let's take look at exactly what I'm talking about here.…I have several paths out on my screen already, and I'm going to focus on this one…down here in the bottom right corner.…I'm also going to go over and click and hold on my Pen tool, and switch to the…Convert Anchor Point tool.…
As I said before, I'm going to converting corners into curves, and curves into corners.…In this case, let say that I wanted the top of this vase to be a curve, as…opposed to this little straight corner that I've created here.…With the Convert Anchor Point tool selected, I can actually click right on…this anchor point, and continue holding down my mouse, and I can actually turn that into a curve.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.