Observe and use the Properties panel in the context of selections.
- [Voiceover] In this movie,…we're going to draw a couple of things here…and then examine the changes in the properties inspector…to see how much time it can save us.…I'm just going to activate my rectangle tool,…and I've just tapped M on my keyboard here,…and I'm just going to draw a couple of rectangles like so.…Same as I normally would, so I'm just…holding down alt here, or option to draw from…the center outwards just a couple of rectangles there.…And this one I think I'll give a bit of a corner radius.…
No change there at all.…I'm now going to tap V on my keyboard…to get my selection tool, and you'll see…that while I have one object here selected,…I can do things such as change the fill color quickly,…and I can change the stroke.…Again, by hover scrubbing here makes it really easy…for me to change that with lightning speed.…In fact, I can change the opacity as well,…and even access my effects within this region.…And in fact, if you look at that, that's maybe what?…An inch and a bit, inch and a quarter…or inch and a half there to do all of those things.…
- Using the new Properties panel
- Text enhancements
- Exploring the new live character options
- Using the Touch Type tool with variable fonts
- Using stylistic sets
- Exporting multiple assets and single assets
- Working with the new Puppet Warp tool
- Aligning and transforming multiple artboards
- Working with the New Document dialog features
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator: Creating Custom Brusheswith Emily Kay2h 19m Intermediate
1. A New Look for Illustrator
2. Text Enhancements
3. Asset Export
4. Illustrator Puppet Warp
Puppet Warp tips3m 23s
5. Artboards Enhancements
6. Additional New Features and Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.