In this video, learn how to create logos that are based on concentric rings in Adobe Illustrator. See examples of successful logos that feature concentric rings.
- [Instructor] Concentric rings, circles or ellipses … or parts of circles or ellipses that have a common center … or at least begin with a common center. … Here are some examples of logos that use concentric rings. … Here are some ideas for concentric ring logos. … A very useful tool in this context … is going to be the Blend tool. … I'll come and select my circle. … I want to, first of all, double-click on … the Scale tool and create a copy at 25%. … Now, with both circles selected, I'll come to my Blend tool. … I'll click on the top anchor point of the larger circle … and then on the equivalent anchor point … of the smaller circle and we have a blend between the two. … We can change the number of steps at anytime. … Currently we have four but that, of course, … You can also change a number of other properties … for interesting effect. … If I select one of these circles … and I'm using my Direct Selection tool here, … holding down the Option or Alt key, … clicking on the path segments so that I select …
- Choosing the right typeface
- Exploring type variables
- Replacing letters with words
- Creating a circular logo
- Creating a hand-drawn logo
- Designing with simple shapes
- Offsetting multiple paths
- Creating isometric type
- Adding gloss, texture, beveled edges, and transparency
- Designing with negative space
- Choosing logo colors
- Converting colors
- Preparing final files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French2h 51m Intermediate
Side Hustle Strategies for Designerswith Dustin Lee1h 3m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Working with Illustratorwith Nigel French2h 45m Intermediate
What makes a good logo3m 48s
1. Exploring Type Variables
2. Simple Type Treatments
3. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 1
4. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 2
5. Advanced Techniques
6. Logo Effects
7. Choosing Logo Colors
8. Finalizing the Logo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.