In this video, discover the importance of color associations, both positive and negative.
- [Instructor] If I were to show you these colors … and these logos, … you'd have no trouble pairing the color with the logo. … The color or colors you choose for your logo … should enhance the attributes of the company. … Color connotations are cultural, personal, … and sometimes, contradictory. … Typically, a logo has one prominent color, … but there are many examples of logos … that use multiple colors. … Using multiple colors can convey diversity and inclusivity, … or a wide range of products. … Red symbolizes love, passion, and strength. … It also conveys danger and aggression. … Pink is feminine, sweet, and associated with childhood. … Blue is calming, protecting, professional, and serious. … It also carries connotations of authority and success. … Brown is earthy, natural. … Orange conveys autumn, Halloween, citrus fruits. … Green is healthy, fresh, natural, fertile, organic. … In the US, it's also the color of money, … and can be associated with envy. … Black is solid and powerful. …
- Choosing the right typeface
- Exploring type variables
- Replacing letters with words
- Creating a circular logo
- Creating a hand-drawn logo
- Designing with simple shapes
- Offsetting multiple paths
- Creating isometric type
- Adding gloss, texture, beveled edges, and transparency
- Designing with negative space
- Choosing logo colors
- Converting colors
- Preparing final files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French2h 51m Intermediate
Side Hustle Strategies for Designerswith Dustin Lee1h 3m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Working with Illustratorwith Nigel French2h 45m Intermediate
What makes a good logo3m 48s
1. Exploring Type Variables
2. Simple Type Treatments
3. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 1
4. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 2
5. Advanced Techniques
6. Logo Effects
7. Choosing Logo Colors
8. Finalizing the Logo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.