Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Choosing the right typefaces for your project, part of Illustrator for Web Design: Aesthetics.
- Before we get into stylizing the type inside…of our Illustrator document I think it's important…for you to take some time to understand how…you can find the perfect typeface for your project.…And for that I think you're gonna have to do a little…bit more research inside of the Lynda.com library.…So I've set up a few courses here for you to check out,…so go ahead and bookmark these or add them…to a playlist so you can get back to them later.…First off is something called The 33 Laws of…Typography from Jill Butler.…And this is gonna help you get a better idea…of the things that you should be…looking for when choosing a typeface,…33 laws as a matter of fact.…
You may also want to check out my…Introduction to Graphic Design course.…This course has a specific section on typography…and walks you through my personal process…for developing what I call a typeface pallette.…You also should check out the Foundations of…Typography with Ina Saltz.…This is one of the best courses on…typography I've ever seen and I highly…
- Finding color inspiration
- Applying color
- Choosing the right typeface
- Using character and paragraph styles
- Optimizing graphics in Photoshop
- Placing photos and vector artwork in Illustrator
- Creating buttons and other UI elements
- Organizing and sharing your project
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator for Web Design: Core Conceptswith Justin Seeley1h 33m Intermediate
1. Working with Color
2. Working with Text
3. Working with Images
4. Creating UI Elements
Designing your navigation4m 57s
5. Last Steps
Taking the next step1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.