Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing units of measurement, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
There may come a time when the focus of your project shifts a little bit.…For instance, a web banner might turn into a printed flyer, or vice versa.…In any case, when your project shifts focus,…you'll probably need to change the unit of measurement that you're working with as well.…In this movie, I'll walk you through the various ways on how to do that in the…most efficient manner.…So I'm working on a document here and this document is theoretically going for…print, it's a business card.…But let's say that we also wanted to repurpose this artwork for use on the web,…as a graphic, or icon, or maybe even a banner.…
Well in this case, I'm working on print document, which means chances are it's…not based in pixels.…It's based in points, or inches, or maybe even picas.…So I need to know how to change this over to pixels, so I can then resize it for the web.…That is very easy to do.…First of all, I am going to go to the File menu and choose Document Setup.…Inside of the Document Setup you're going to notice here at the top that I have…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Where can I learn more about graphic design?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting graphic design on lynda.com.
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.