In this challenge, you're getting some homework to work on. Use the file provided to complete a tracing from start to finish all on your own.
- [Instructor] All right, I feel like we've come a long way…and I've given you most of the tools you need…to succeed on your own.…Therefore, in this final project, I'm going to turn you loose.…I'm going to let you do your own project all by yourself,…where I want you to take this.…This is just a scanned drawing of a pineapple…that someone brought to me.…They're saying to me, "Hey, I want you to turn this…"into a logo for my new company…"that I'm starting down in the islands.…"I just kind of sketched this out.…"I found a carving of it and did one of those things…"where you rub a pencil over it and you get the carved look.…
"I want it to look something like that,…"but I want you to incorporate…"a lot of bright, vibrant colors into it."…So, that's your job.…Recreate this pineapple and then add…some sort of type treatment, that looks rather islandish,…something you would see on a tropical island.…Remember, this place is called, Uncle Fred's Hideaway.…That's what you're going to call it, Uncle Fred's Hideaway.…Find a place to stick that into the logo.…
- Working with Image Trace presets
- Setting up artwork
- Performing a basic trace with a preset
- Erasing and adding paths
- Refining paths with strokes and widths
- Resetting typography
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator: Coloring Artwork (2011)with Mordy Golding4h 44m Intermediate
Illustrator: Drawing without the Pen Toolwith Mordy Golding4h 39m Intermediate
Illustrator for Web Design (2012)with Justin Seeley5h 27m Appropriate for all
1. Break Down the Image Trace Panel
2. Perform a Basic Trace
3. Clean Up the Artwork
4. Project: Trace Artwork
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.