Learn how to design an icon of a locomotive.
- [Instructor] The design challenge…for this course is to design an icon.…I'm going to give ya two choices for…a theme that you can pick from.…The first theme is this one, a locomotive.…No, you don't have to have…the whole train, just the locomotive,…but this locomotive is a classic vintage one,…not a modern bullet train or anything like that.…So, look at the complexity and simplify the form.…I'll let you decide how many colors it should be.…
Now, the second theme that you…might want to do is a scooter.…Now, this, in and of itself,…is far less complex tham the locomotive,…but, still, how would you go about…iconifying this image of a scooter?…So, pick one or both, and use the methods…and functionality I've covered…in this course to create your iconic motif.…I look forward to seeing how…you solve this iconic challenge.…
- Developing icon ideas
- Simplifying complex shapes
- Drawing visual metaphors
- Establishing visual continuity
- Creating flat icons
- Creating long shadow icons
- Detailing icons
- Creating pixel perfect icons
- Reviewing how icon art is used in a variety of design contexts
Skill Level Intermediate
Drawing Vector Graphics: Patternswith Von Glitschka4h Intermediate
1. Iconic Fundamentals
2. Vector Icon Design
3. Raster Icon Design
4. Iconography Samples
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.