Join Von Glitschka for an in-depth discussion in this video Building your vector shapes, part of Drawing Vector Graphics.
- View Offline
At this stage of the process, you're now moving from analog to digital.…And you'll begin to build your design in vector format within Illustrator.…Remember, anyone can learn the tools.…My goal isn't to show you specifically how to use the tools but how to look at…any drawn design and discern where and how to place your anchor points.…This will help you take your drawing and build it out precisely.…In this chapter, we'll be covering: your Drawing is your road map,…the Clockwork method, Prime point placement, the Point by point method,…the Shape building method, using Symmetry in your design, …and Art directing yourself. Let's face it.…
The whole point you're taking this course is to improve your abilities.…Once these methods become a regular part of your design routine, you should see…growth in the craftsmanship and the quality of your work.…
- What is illustrative design?
- Establishing a creative brief
- Defining client expectations
- Exploring creative thinking exercises
- Art directing your drawing
- Selecting an appropriate style for each project
- Drawing and thumbnail sketching
- Discerning anchor point placement
- Building vector drawings with shapes
- Presenting your illustrations