Brian Brasher features his icon design work, methods, sketches, and more.
- [Narrator] In this movie, I'm going to share with you…the work of one of the best icon designers…in the world, in my opinion.…His name is Brian Brasher, a designer and illustrator…based out of Alabama.…I've known Brian for over 16 years…and his icon work is what I'd describe…as profoundly simple, yet simply profound.…So let's take a look at it.…Here's some icons selected from a set…he created for HTC, the mobile phone company.…
And these are great, they're so iconified,…but the clarity of communication is just impeccable.…It's just right on spot.…He's not using any gradients, it's all flat colors…and flat shapes.…And if I go to Keyline View you can see how those shapes…composed in terms of using multiple shapes,…but all composed in such a way…to pull off the look and feel.…Now look how he did the horns on this character.…So when I go back to Preview Mode,…you can see how it pulls that off as well.…
Now Brian is a true master when it comes to iconography.…Now these icons were just part of a greater set…he created for HTC.…
- Developing icon ideas
- Simplifying complex shapes
- Drawing visual metaphors
- Establishing visual continuity
- Creating flat icons
- Creating long shadow icons
- Detailing icons
- Creating pixel perfect icons
- Reviewing how icon art is used in a variety of design contexts
Skill Level Intermediate
Drawing Vector Graphics: Patternswith Von Glitschka4h Intermediate
1. Iconic Fundamentals
2. Vector Icon Design
3. Raster Icon Design
4. Iconography Samples
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.