- In this movie, we're gonna blend in…a second translucent gradient using a couple of…carefully placed opacity values in order to…establish the boundaries of the earth.…And I wanna retrieve that compound path…that represents the earth, so I'll go ahead and…twirl open my gradients layer here inside the layers panel,…and I'll turn on that compound path so that I can see it.…I also need to be able to see my guides,…so I'll turn them on and I'm gonna select…that guide's layer as well.…Now at this point you're gonna have to sort of bear with me.…What I want to do is establish a circular guide…that we'll use in order to draw the second radial gradient,…and I want it to be the size of that original Earth,…the one that was rounded in opposition of Saturn,…that we created back in the previous chapter.…
And I didn't keep that big circle,…so I'm gonna have to recreate it,…and I'm gonna do so by switching to the ellipse tool,…which I can select from the shape tool flyout menu,…and then, I'll go ahead and position my cursor right there…
- Identifying the brand's objectives
- Sketching a design
- Drawing the artwork in Illustrator
- Selecting the perfect font for a logo
- Adding type
- Choosing and assigning spot colors
- Adding vector-based shading with gradients
- Using photographic details for a more photorealistic look
- Changing the orientation of a logo
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
Designing Your Own Online Avatarwith Deke McClelland3h 36m Intermediate
Designing and Animating a Mind-Bending Illusionwith Deke McClelland1h 26m Intermediate
1. Brainstorming and Development
2. Drawing the Art for Your Logo
3. Setting the Type
4. Assigning Spot Colors for Print
5. Adding Device-Independent Shading
6. Adding Some Photorealism
7. Changing the Orientation
Until next time1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.