Join Nigel French for an in-depth discussion in this video Bleeding heart, part of Designing a Poster.
In this version, we have two overlapping hearts that are made into a compound…shape so we get this negative space where they overlap. And then I showed this…around and upon taking some advice, I also added to this a stem with some…thorns and a drop of blood, which also serves as a dot on the I. So, we are…going to begin with this in progress.…All right, first objective is we want to size this type up nice and big, and…you notice from the finished version that the type is bleeding of the top that…and on the left and the right hand sides and extending down to the field of…black on the bottom.…
So, I'm going to position it about there and then Command+Ctrl+Shift. Adjust…and scale that up as much as I can and I think I might want to add some…negative tracking to this. Since it has now got so big, let's make it minus.…Not quite that much. -25. And then scale it some more and scale it some more…until we get it like that.…Now we need to do same with the type on the bottom, this type on the bottom…
Adobe InDesign CS4 and Illustrator CS4 Essential Training are recommended prerequisites to fully execute the techniques in this title.
- Generating ideas for layout and design
- Combining InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Establishing a workflow that blends maximum efficiency with maximum editing flexibility
- Choosing appropriate typefaces and imagery
- Choosing colors that convey the message
- Making the most of images
- Creating mockups for client approval and in preparation for printing