Join Deke McClelland for an in-depth discussion in this video Better integrating the photo into the logo, part of Creating and Adapting a Logo.
- Alright, at this point we've gone too far.…We've got too many stars…and we're over brightening the logo as well.…So what we're gonna do in this movie…is better integrate the photographic image…into the logo using a couple of adjustment layers.…So for starters I'm gonna click on this logo group…to make it active and then I'll go up to the Layer menu,…choose New Adjustment Layer, and choose Levels.…And that keyboard shortcut by the way, is mine,…I created it using the keyboard…shortcuts command under the Edit menu.…Now because I chose the command…that brings up the New Layer dialog box,…and I'm gonna call this layer deepen,…because it's gonna permit me to darken the background,…and now I'll click OK.…
Next what you wanna do here inside the Properties panel…is click in the black point value…and take it up by pressing shift + up arrow to 50,…which means that we're telling Photoshop…to make anything with a luminous level…of 50 or darker black.…Then tab over to the gamma value…and press shift + down arrow three times…
- Identifying the brand's objectives
- Sketching a design
- Drawing the artwork in Illustrator
- Selecting the perfect font for a logo
- Adding type
- Choosing and assigning spot colors
- Adding vector-based shading with gradients
- Using photographic details for a more photorealistic look
- Changing the orientation of a logo
Skill Level Intermediate
Designing and Animating a Mind-Bending Illusionwith Deke McClelland1h 26m Intermediate
Designing Your Own Online Avatarwith Deke McClelland3h 37m Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
1. Brainstorming and Development
2. Drawing the Art for Your Logo
3. Setting the Type
4. Assigning Spot Colors for Print
5. Adding Device-Independent Shading
6. Adding Some Photorealism
7. Changing the Orientation
Until next time1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.