Join Von Glitschka for an in-depth discussion in this video Before. During. After., part of Drawing Vector Graphics.
- View Offline
Before, During and After is a method my friend and fellow designer Jeff Pollard…shared with me several years ago and I had been using it ever since.…Like the previous methods, it starts with a central topic or theme, …and from there you view it from a Before, During and After point of view.…Doing this will help you see a topic from a unique perspective, and allow you …v unveil secondary meanings and insights.…Jeff's client was a direct marketing business called Rain, so rain was our topic.…
What comes Before Rain? Rain clouds. What comes during rain? You need an umbrella.…And what comes after rain? Puddles.…Rain wants the direct marketing to create enjoyable results for their customers,…and Puddles was the unveiled idea he used to reflect that idea. …The final design, is a fun and memorable identity for his client.…Of course in this demonstration we only settled on three insights using…Before, During and After.…
Many more insights could have been gleaned using this same method.…The more you use these conceptual thinking methods, the more you'll be able …
- What is illustrative design?
- Establishing a creative brief
- Defining client expectations
- Exploring creative thinking exercises
- Art directing your drawing
- Selecting an appropriate style for each project
- Drawing and thumbnail sketching
- Discerning anchor point placement
- Building vector drawings with shapes
- Presenting your illustrations