Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Basic text editing, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
Once you've got some text set up inside of Illustrator, you're ready to start…editing that text, and Illustrator makes it really easy to do so.…I'm going to grab my Type tool, and I'll start working on my name right here at…the top. I'll select this text, and when I do, you'll notice I get some options…up on my control panel.…I can actually change my font directly from here, as well as the font style, and the font size.…So in this case, I think I'm going to change the font.…You can actually change this to whatever font you'd like, but in this case, I'm…going to go up and find Arial.…
Once I find Arial, I'll select it, and it automatically changes for me, and then…for the Font Style, I'll select Bold.…If I want to increase the font size, I can do so right here.…So I'll bump this up to about 14.…Then I'll grab my Selection tool, and I'll move it over here to the left.…Now I'll select my Area text that I have down here.…To edit Area text, simply double-click, and you'll get a blinking cursor wherever…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Where can I learn more about graphic design?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting <a href="../../../discover/graphic-design">graphic design on lynda.com</a>.
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.