Discover the new options for artboard rearrangement.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at the rearrangement…improvements that have been made…when working with artboards.…I'm in the new document dialogue, just here,…and I'm going to choose the mobile intent…and then I'm going to choose something…nice and big as an artboard.…Like this iPhone 6 Plus.…I'm going to move across into the detail area just here…and I'm going to change the number of artboards to 22.…
Okay, and once I've done that.…I'm going to hit create down at the bottom.…And my new document is created.…I'm going to zoom out just a touch here so you can see…that I've pretty much filled the middle of the paste board…with the current arrangement of artboards.…Now, if I chose to rearrange them…and put them into columns,…say for example, two,…there's no way is that not going to…exceed the boundary of the pasteboard.…
Let's have a look at the two different ways…we can rearrange artboards.…To begin with, I don't need to select the artboard…to all the properties inspector can see that there…are artboards there.…And it says to me here, edit artboards, if I click like so.…
- Using the new Properties panel
- Text enhancements
- Exploring the new live character options
- Using the Touch Type tool with variable fonts
- Using stylistic sets
- Exporting multiple assets and single assets
- Working with the new Puppet Warp tool
- Aligning and transforming multiple artboards
- Working with the New Document dialog features
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator: Creating Custom Brusheswith Emily Kay2h 19m Intermediate
1. A New Look for Illustrator
2. Text Enhancements
3. Asset Export
4. Illustrator Puppet Warp
Puppet Warp tips3m 23s
5. Artboards Enhancements
6. Additional New Features and Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.