Learn how to create logos that are based on arrows in Adobe Illustrator. See examples of successful logos that feature arrows.
- [Instructor] We see arrows used in logos … in all sorts of ways, some obvious, some subtle. … Because we read in the Western World from left to right … arrows typically point to the right, … following the reading direction. … Sometimes they point up, … but seldom do they point to the left or down. … So let's take a look at some simple techniques … for adding arrows to our lines. … We're going to select my 12 point roll down here … and then come to my stroke options. … And I can add arrowheads. … So I'm going to add Arrow number seven. … And then I'm going to need to reduce the scale of that. … I also have the option of pushing this out … beyond the edge of the stroke. … But that's not something that I want at the moment. … To give the line a bit more personality, … I'm going to use width profile number one. … And then I'm going to come to my Effect panel … and to Warp and choose Arc Lower. … And this will imply a smile. … I'll click OK and then I'll just … nudge that closer to the type. …
- Choosing the right typeface
- Exploring type variables
- Replacing letters with words
- Creating a circular logo
- Creating a hand-drawn logo
- Designing with simple shapes
- Offsetting multiple paths
- Creating isometric type
- Adding gloss, texture, beveled edges, and transparency
- Designing with negative space
- Choosing logo colors
- Converting colors
- Preparing final files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French2h 51m Intermediate
Side Hustle Strategies for Designerswith Dustin Lee1h 3m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Working with Illustratorwith Nigel French2h 45m Intermediate
What makes a good logo3m 48s
1. Exploring Type Variables
2. Simple Type Treatments
3. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 1
4. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 2
5. Advanced Techniques
6. Logo Effects
7. Choosing Logo Colors
8. Finalizing the Logo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.