Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying multiple strokes, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
One of the questions that I get asked about a lot when I'm teaching Adobe…Illustrator is, how do I add multiple strokes to an object?…There's a lot of ways that you can actually do it;…there's ways to fake it, and there's ways to actually do it.…In this movie, I'm going to be walking you through, step by step, how to add two…or more strokes to an object.…It's pretty easy, and once you know this little secret, by using the Appearance…panel, you will be amazed that you have never been able to do this before.…The first thing I am going to do is make sure the Appearance panel is…somewhere where I can see it.…If you don't have the Appearance panel open, you can drag it out from the panels…on the right, or you can hit Shift+F6 to make sure that it's up on your screen.…
Once I do that, I am going to choose artwork that I want to add the stroke to.…In this case, it's the circle in the background here.…So I am going to zoom in a little bit, so we can see this, and I will temporarily…hold down the Spacebar key, and position this right in the center of my screen.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Where can I learn more about graphic design?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting <a href="../../../discover/graphic-design">graphic design on lynda.com</a>.
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.