Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying multiple fills, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
You are probably already aware of how to add a simple fill to an object…inside of Illustrator.…In this movie, I'm going to show you how to expand upon that, and actually add…more than one fill, and I'll also give you a real world example of how you can…utilize this in your work.…I'm going to be targeting the background object in this document.…The background objects is this big path in the background, which has a…gradient applied to it.…I want to take this gradient object, and I want to add some texture to it, but in…order to do that, I have to be able to add another fill to it.…Now, you may be thinking that I could just duplicate this object, fill the…duplicate with something, and then use a Blend mode, or maybe even reduce the…opacity, but that's a lot of work.…
In this case, I'm going to save you a lot of steps by simply allowing you to…create a new fill on top of this existing fill, and we're going to do that by…utilizing the Appearance panel.…So I'll bring out the Appearance panel first, just so we have that out, and ready to use.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Where can I learn more about graphic design?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting graphic design on lynda.com.
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.