Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying gradients to strokes, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
One of the great new features of Illustrator CS6 is the ability to add…gradients to strokes.…In this movie I'll explore this feature and how it can help you enhance some of your artwork.…Up until now, we've just been applying basic colors to our strokes, nothing real…fancy, but now I'm going to show you how to add a gradient to a stroke. And some…of you might be thinking that this has been around in Illustrator for a while,…and when I first heard about it being a new feature I thought the same thing,…but it's actually new to CS6, but now we can indeed add a gradient to a stroke.…
So I'm going to select this circle in the background here and I'm simply going…to add a gradient to the stroke.…The easiest way to do that is to target the stroke and then simply hit one of…the gradient swatches in the Swatches panel.…Once I do that the gradient stroke is applied, you might not be able to see it,…because it's such a small point, but if I increase the size of it, you will see…it as it grows. So I'll increase that to about 20 points, then I'll go into the…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.